Decades of research have already determined that exposure to Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) from cell phones, cell towers and other sources of wireless “Wi-Fi” radiation – including 5G – is biologically harmful. In regard to 5G, in 2019, telecom experts gave congressional testimonythat they had NO scientific evidence that 5G is safe!
Additionally in 2021, a federal court ruled in favor of petitioners who sued the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for NOT updating wireless radiation guidelines since 1996 despite scientific evidence of harm submitted to the agency. The FCC has refused to do anything about this though that hasn’t stopped Americans from demanding that their lawmakers to take action to protect them from exposure. Kudos to New Hampshire residents for enlisting help from theirs.
New Hampshire Bipartisan Bill on Health Effects of 5G Technology
The New Hampshire House introduced Bill 1487 “An ACT relative to the health effects of 5G technology” which calls for educating the public on the health risks of wireless radiation, ensuring cell towers and 500 meters from homes and schools and replacing Wi-Fi with wireless in schools.
New Hampshire House Bill 1487 states that the department of environmental services shall:
- Include links on the departmental website that contains information about radiofrequency radiation (RF-radiation) from all sources, including from 5G small cells deployed on public rights-of-way. Such information shall also contain guidance on the proper use of cell phones to minimize exposure to RF-radiation.
- Make public service announcements on radio, television, print media, and the Internet to warn of the health risks associated with radiation exposure, including warnings concerning newborns, children, and pregnant women.
- Develop exposure warning signs for posting in commercial and public buildings concerning RF-radiation levels.
- Require that every pole or other structure in the public rights-of-way holding a 5G antenna to be labeled indicating RF-radiation being emitted from the antenna. Such label shall be posted at eye level and printed in such a way that it is legible from 9 feet away.
- Adopt rules under RSA 541-A relative to performing RF-radiation frequency signal strength measurements in areas around wireless facilities in order to evaluate signal characteristics known to be deleterious to human health. Such rules shall take into account the impulsive nature of high-data-rate radiation that a growing body of evidence shows as having a significantly greater negative impact on human health than does continuous radiation. Such rules shall enable the summative effects of multiple radiation sources to be measured. Such rules shall consider safety limits that shall protect trees, plants, birds, insects, and pollinators from damage by RF-radiation exposure.
- Publish a continually updated map of RF-radiation exposure levels across the state using data submitted by certified home inspectors under RSA 310-A:190.