Partitions are the logical separation on any storage device that allows the proper distribution of data at multiple locations. Sometimes, you may encounter the deletion of files or folders from these partitions. Accidental or intentional deletion of data from lost partitions in Windows devices can be a distressful experience. But don’t worry; there are several partition recovery tools and techniques available that you can try to recover data from lost partitions.
Here, in this article, we will discuss various methods to help you know how to recover data from lost partitions in Windows. Keep reading this article to know more!
What Causes Deletion of Data from Partitions?
There are several reasons why the sudden deletion of data occurs on partitions in Windows devices. Before you learn the best partition recovery software to restore lost data, it is important to find the main cause of the data loss issue. Some prominent reasons are:
- Accidental Deletion: It is the most common cause for the deletion of data from any device, and it occurs when you accidentally delete the partition.
- Corrupted File System: When the file system of a partition gets corrupted, it deletes all its stored content. Such corruption issues on any storage drive generally occur due to sudden power failures, hardware issues, or software bugs.
- Disk Failures: There may be some physical issues with the storage device, like a hard drive or SSD failure, etc. which can cause data loss issues. This may include bad sectors, mechanical failures, or electronic problems.
- Software Bugs or Glitches: Any problem in the operating system or installed applications can sometimes cause unintended deletion of data.
- Virus or Malware Attack: Malicious software, like virus or malware, can also corrupt or delete data on your partition.
To mitigate the risk of data loss, there are several recovery tools and techniques available online. You can check and apply the methods mentioned in the next part of the blog to get data deleted from the partition.
Quick Methods to Restore Data from Lost Partition
In order to recover data from a lost partition, you need to apply the data recovery workarounds as soon as you encounter data loss issues. This is mainly done to avoid overwriting the data on your device storage. You can go through any of the following recovery methods to recover data from a lost partition:
Method 01: Use Professional Windows Data Recovery Software
Let’s start with the simplest method first! You can use any professional data recovery software to restore lost data from your device partition. Among several such software programs, the Stellar Data Recovery Professional is the best partition recovery software which allows you to restore lost data easily and quickly. The software is mainly known for its easy-to-use interface which makes it very simple even for beginners to restore lost data. The partition recovery software supports the recovery of lost partitions from deleted, lost or damaged FAT, NTFS, HFS, HFS+, HFSX, Ext2, and Ext3 partitions under Windows.
There are several amazing features of the Stellar Data Recovery Professional tool which makes it the best partition recovery software. These features include:
- The software is compatible with multiple storage devices, including SD cards, USB flash drives, external drives, etc.
- Support recovery of a wide range of file types, such as photos, videos, documents, audio files, etc. from various storage mediums.
- Allow you to preview the recoverable files so you can easily select and restore only the required files.
- Fully compatible with Windows 11/10/8/8.1/7/XP and multiple MacOS versions.
- The software is 100% safe and secure to use.
Steps to Recover Data from Lost Partition in Windows Using Stellar Data Recovery Professional Tool:
Step 1: Download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Professional tool on your device. Launch the software and from the homepage, select the type of data you need to recover and click the “Next” button.
Step 2: Now, from the Recover From window, select the ‘Can’t Find Drive’ option located under Connected Drives, and click Scan.
Step 3: Once the scanning process is done, all data will be previewed on your screen. Select the files you need to restore, preview them and tap the “Recover” button to save selected files at the desired location.
Method 02: Assign Drive Letter to Lost Partition
Assigning a drive letter to your device’s lost partition in File Explorer can help you to restore its lost data. For this, go to Disk Management and check if there is any missing partition or some storage drive with no drive letter. In such cases, you can assign a drive letter to that partition by applying the below-given steps:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the run prompt. Type diskmgmt.msc in the Run window to open Disk Management.
- Now, tap “Change Drive Letter and Paths” and click “Change” from the pop-up window.
- Click the box next to Assign the following drive letter; select the drive letter from the drop-down menu.
- At last, click the OK button and check if your lost partition appears in File Explorer.
Tips for Smooth Deleted Partition Recovery
When you apply the above recovery methods, you must get your data from the lost partition back. However, below are certain tips that you can keep in mind for smooth deleted partition recovery:
- Act Quickly: The sooner you apply the methods to recover a deleted partition, the better it will be. Make sure you perform the recovery process before the storage drive is overwritten by any new file.
- Stop Using the Drive: Avoid performing write operations to the disk from which the partition was deleted. Writing new data to the disk can make the chances of restoring deleted data quite difficult.
- Maintain Backups: It is important to create regular backups of your important files on multiple storage locations, like external storage drives or cloud storage.
- Keep Device OS and Software Update: Make sure your device operating system and the installed software programs are up-to-date. Outdated apps or OS may corrupt your device storage and even lead to data loss issues.
In conclusion, recovering data from a lost partition can be quite a challenging task. You can try the aforementioned Windows data recovery tools and techniques for easy and quick recovery of your lost files. If manual methods fail to restore, you can use the best partition recovery software, like Stellar Data Recovery Professional to ensure quick recovery of data from lost partition in no time. The key is to act promptly, maintain regular backups, and, if required, take professional assistance to maximize the chances of successful data recovery.