Jewish campaign group accused the Met of turning on the victims of terror while the Met said they need to seperate opposing groups for public safety.
The Metropolitan police has defended its approach after a campaign group alleged officers shut down mobile billboards showing the faces of kidnapped Israeli children.
He described the incidents on Wednesday evening as “the most disturbing experiences in nine years of campaigning against anti-Semitism” and accused police officers of protecting “the sensibilities of people who sympathize with terrorists.”
The Met later issued a statement, saying officers had been “keen to avoid the billboard vans becoming a point of tension or conflict” as pro-Palestinian demonstrators were nearby.
The force also said officers had taken “similar actions” and prevented pro-Palestinian protests from reaching the Israeli embassy last week, and that it will “carefully consider” whether officers’ responses were appropriate.
CAA Considers Legal Options
In the video posted by CAA, which included clips of the event and a statement from the charity, Mr. Falter said volunteers who had been filming billboard vans passing London’s landmarks were “really shaken up” after they got stopped by protesters.