A family of five says it has ‘lost everything’ after their electric car caught fire and destroyed their home in a devastating blaze.
Julie Hensby, 44, has spoken of the chaos as she fetched her three sleeping children from their beds as a fire spread from their electric car and towards their house.
Mrs Hensby and her husband David, 48, their son Jay, 15, and twin daughters Summer and Aimee, nine, were all asleep when the fire broke out.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service were called at 11.14pm on Monday to reports that a car was on fire and threatening a property in Ruddlemoor, near St Austell.
The family say they may not have been aware of the blaze as it spread from the charging point outside to the front door had it not been for some strangers driving by their property and stopping to wake them.