“Ultimately the NCTV determines the verdict”
Court extends entry ban David Icke
British writer David Icke is still banned from entering The Netherlands. That is how the court ruled on Tuesday in an appeal case filed by Icke against the Ministry of Justice, which prevented him from coming to the Netherlands last year. According to the judge Icke’s idea’s form a potential threat for public order and that is reason enough to deny him entry into The Netherlands. In a reaction David Icke says that this verdict shows how far The Netherlands have drifted towards fascism. According to his counsel Jeroen Pols, the ruling was politically driven: “They could not afford to put minister Yeşilgöz in trouble just before the election.”
David Icke, known for his spiritual books and “conspiracy theories”, in which he argues that power in the world is in the hands of a secret, evil elite, was supposed to speak at a peace rally on the Dam in Amsterdam on 6 November last year. That was made impossible for him at the last minute. The immigration and naturalisation service (IND) under the Ministry of Justice and Security, denied him entry to the entire Schengen area (27 countries) for two years. The IND says that his presence in The Netherlands could give rise to “public disorder or violence, even if you do not explicitly call for it yourself”. In doing so, the IND relied among other things on reports (Terrorism Threat Assessment) by the National Coordinator for Counterterrorism and Security (NCTV). Several legal scholars, including Professor Brouwers, have sharply criticised the decision to deny Icke entry to the Netherlands.