The Pentagon has refused to rule out the recent unidentified objects shot out of the sky could be aliens – after the latest was gunned down over Lake Huron on Sunday.
US Air Force General Glen VanHerck said intelligence services were exploring all avenues – including the three most recent objects may be linked to extraterrestrials.
Asked whether he had ruled out ‘aliens or extraterrestrials’, he said: ‘I’ll let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out. I haven’t ruled out anything.’
‘At this point we continue to assess every threat or potential threat, unknown, that approaches North America with an attempt to identify it.’
The shoot down on Sunday occurred after the ‘octagonal’ object flew near a sensitive US military site in Montana – and had ‘potential surveillance capabilities.’
An F-16 fighter jet shot it down from around 20,000ft over the Great Lakes at 2:42pm – after previously destroying two other crafts over Alaska and Canada, and a Chinese balloon over South Carolina.
Read more: Pentagon refuses to rule out that objects flying over the US are ALIENS: Third UFO is shot down over United States within two days after flying near sensitive military sites in Montana