Leading Manufacturer of Heart Pacemakers (Medtronic) Recommends users of its devices states at least 12 inches away from electric vehicle charging stations.
The leading manufacturer of heart pacemakers (Medtronic) recommends users of its devices states at least 12 inches away from electric vehicle charging stations, electric fences, electric pet containment fences and transformer boxes, the green box in yard.
For Implantable Cardiac Devices
Most household and hobby items are unlikely to affect your heart device when the items are in good working condition, used as intended, and the recommended distances are maintained. For items that transmit power through an antenna, it is recommended that you follow the noted distances between the antenna and your implanted heart device.
Special Considerations Maintain at least the recommended distance between the item and your heart device:
- Car/Motorcycle – from components of ignition system
- Electric Fence
- Electric Pet Containment Fence – from buried wire and indoor antenna
- Transformer Box (green box in yard)
- Beach Comber Metal Detector – from search head
- Induction Cooktop Stove
Maintain at least a 6-inch distance between the item and your heart device:
- Electric Grocery Cart/Golf Cart – from motor
- Electric Kitchen Appliances – hand-held (electric mixer or knife)
- Electric Shaver – corded
- Electric Toothbrush Charging Base
Read More: Manufacturer Warns Pacemaker Recipients about EV Charging Stations, Electric Appliances and Fences, etc.