ictures have emerged of a horrific house fire in Walthamstow which is said to have been started by an e-bike. Five people were rushed to hospital today (July 4) after a home was set ablaze by a converted e-bike’s battery according to a statement released on the London Fire Brigade’s (LFB) social media account.
As well as showing the horrific images of the havoc wreaked by the fire, the fire brigade also issued a strong safety warning to those who have similar vehicle in their home. An update on the London Fire Brigade Twitter page read: “Firefighters have issued another e-bike safety warning today after five people were hospitalised following a house fire in #Walthamstow The blaze is believed to have been caused by a converted e-bike’s battery.”
The graphic images show all of the possessions in the home completely blackened by the fire and burnt to the ground. The last few months have seen similar incidents take place where fires have been started by e-bikes and e-scooters malfunctioning.
Read More: Terrifying pictures show Walthamstow home destroyed in devastating e-bike fire