The deletion of CCTV footage from outside the Stade de France on the day of the Champions League final is “deeply concerning”, says Liverpool chief executive Billy Hogan.
The French Senate was told on Thursday that the footage had been automatically deleted after seven days.
“We saw the reports yesterday afternoon regarding the deletion of CCTV footage, which is deeply concerning,” Hogan told LiverpoolFC.com.
The club has contacted Uefa about it.
Hogan said the club had contacted Uefa “to confirm whether or not” footage had been deleted, adding: “We’re waiting to hear back specifically on that.”
The French Football Federation’s director of international relations, Erwan Le Prevost, told the senate footage had not been requested and was therefore automatically deleted after seven days.
Le Prevost added that the images were “extremely violent”.
Read more: Champions League final: Deletion of CCTV footage ‘concerning’ says Liverpool CEO (Note how this BBC report does not mention that the ‘local gangs’ were from a 400,000 migrant community around the stadium)