If you are a Canadian homeowner, then you know that the winters can be brutal! That is why it is important to make sure your home is as energy-efficient as possible. One of the best ways to do this is by replacing your current windows with new energy-efficient units.
Our team has done vast research and even talked to different sliding windows installation experts regarding why these units might be the best option to go with when considering your next window replacement project. Want to know everything in detail? Keep reading!
Amazing modern look
Sliding windows will give your home an amazing modern look. Not only will they make your home look nicer from the outside, but you will also be able to enjoy the new view from the inside! Sliding windows would be a great addition to any home style:
- If you have a contemporary home, then these windows will fit in perfectly with their huge area providing fantastic views outside.
- If you have a more traditional home, then they can still work well – it just depends on the area within your house you decide to install sliding windows at. Usually, the best option is a patio, bathroom, or kitchen.
Increased energy efficiency
One of the best reasons to replace your old windows with new ones is increased energy efficiency. Newer windows are much better at keeping the heat in during the winter and cool air in during the summer. This means that you will be able to save money on your annual energy bills.
When looking for new windows, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure they are energy-efficient.
- The first is the U-factor. This measures how well a window prevents heat from escaping. The lower the U-factor, the better.
- Another important factor to look at is the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC). This measures how much heat is let in by the sun. For windows in Canada, you want a low SHGC so that your home doesn’t get too hot during the summer.
- Finally, you also want to make sure that your new windows have good air leakage ratings. This measures how much air can leak through the window – the lower the rating the less air will be able to leak through.
New sliding windows have some of the best energy-efficient windows on the market. With a typical U-factor of 0.27 and an SHGC of 0.31, they are sure to keep your home comfortable all year round!
Reduced noise levels
Another great benefit of upgrading to sliding windows is that they can help reduce noise levels in your home. If you live in a busy city, then you know how important it is to have a quiet place to relax.
What factors determine a window as a soundproof one?
- The first is STC ratings. The Sound Transmission Class (STC) is a measure of how well a window blocks out sound. The higher the STC rating, the better the window is at reducing noise levels.
- Another important factor to look for is OITC ratings. The Outdoor/Indoor Transmission Class (OITC) measures how much noise is transmitted between the indoor and outdoor spaces. The higher the rating, the more noise will be heard from outside.
Sliding windows are extremely easy to maintain. All you need to do is give them a quick clean every once in a while and they will look good as new for years, no need to worry about painting or staining them!
Last but not least, sliding windows provide optimal ventilation. This is great for letting in the fresh air and keeping your home nice and clean. Moreover, the units can be placed strategically in hard-to-reach places such as above the sink in the kitchen or somewhere in the bathroom where the proper air circulation is vital. So sliding windows will serve their best to keep those places well ventilated for ultimate comfort.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there are many reasons why Canadian homeowners should buy and install sliding windows as their new units. With so many benefits, it is hard to find a reason not to! If you are looking for an upgrade that will provide your home with style, comfort, and increased energy efficiency, then make sure to consider sliding windows as your next window replacement option.
However, make sure to deal with a reliable window company to consult you on the project and do the installation job since it will directly affect the performance of your new units and how long they will serve you.