AWE Sustain and Protect Application Process. AWE Sustain and Protect will focus on the following hypotheses, which will be further refined in due course into detailed experimental activity. Applications must link to one of the following hypotheses:
– Sustainment 1. If Urban CSS elements have the means to autonomously forecast consumption rates, then stores can be disseminated before they become needed to increase mass.
– Sustainment 2. If Urban Equipment Support Specialists have the means to autonomously predict component failure, then parts can be replaced before a failure occurs to increase mass.
– Sustainment 3. If Urban Medical Specialists have the ability to autonomously identify, and treat or extract, casualties before their combat effectiveness is adversely affected then operational output can be maintained to ensure tempo and mass.
– Sustainment 4. If Urban Equipment Support Specialists have the ability to identify and autonomously recover stricken equipment then they can remain protected to increase mass.
– Sustainment 5. If Urban FEs have the organic means to generate, store, manage and distribute electrical power then they will be able to sustain their own electrical power requirements to increase tempo and mass.
– Protection 1. If Urban Commanders have the ability to create physical obstacles then they will be able to control Freedom of Movement in the Urban environment to increase tempo and mass.
– Protection 2. If Urban FE have the ability to autonomously or remotely breach urban barriers, rapidly and repeatedly, then they can increase freedom of movement and protection to increase tempo and mass.
– Protection 3. If Urban FEs have the ability to conceal their own physical and non-physical (EMS and Cyber) signatures, then they will improve their survivability to increase mass.
Read more: Government Defence Ministry contract out for tender for ‘Army Warfighting Experiment (AWE) Urban: Sustain and Protect’. Please explain what the hell this is all about