The Duke of York will be given them in Britain in a ‘difficult’ feat that could take weeks, the American’s legal team claimed.
They said that they needed to get them to the Royal before the start of the 21 days in which he will have to reply, with the first court hearing set for September.
David Boies told The Telegraph: ‘We present him with a copy of the complaint in a formal way. Because he is a foreign citizen, we have to do this under the Hague Convention.’
It comes as Prince Charles attended the Highland Games in Aberdeenshire, sporting a kilt, walking stick and tweed jacket.
The heir to the throne, 72, was behind the wheel of a Range Rover as he made his way past the Balmoral estate back to his own neighbouring Birkhall residence with just an aide for company.
It is believed he had earlier travelled to a remote spot in the beautiful Aberdeenshire surroundings before making his way back three hours later.
The Prince of Wales had been touring Scotland as part of his latest round of royal engagements with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and arrived at Birkhall on Thursday.
Senior royals have gathered at The Queen’s Scottish holiday home Balmoral Castle in the wake of the sex abuse allegations lobbied against disgraced Prince Andrew by Jeffrey Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre.
The Duke of York, 61, had already arrived in Balmoral where he faced his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, on Monday after news of the sensational law suit broke.
Read more: Prince Andrew ‘will be served his sexual assault court papers in person’, declares Virginia Roberts’ lawyer – as Charles is pictured at the Highland Games ahead of crisis talks with his brother over lawsuit