Prince Andrew could be sued in an American court by his accuser Virginia Roberts, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
Ms Roberts, who claims she was forced to have sex with the Prince by convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein when she was just 17, could file a multi-million-pound civil action in New York as early as this week.
Speaking to The Mail on Sunday, her lawyer David Boies said the bombshell lawsuit ‘would be based on her being lent out to Prince Andrew for sex by Jeffrey Epstein and [her] being under 18’.
He added the suit would include claims of ‘improper sexual violations, physical and emotional distress’ and would include a claim for damages.
Mr Boies said: ‘To use a common phrase here in the United States, ‘Time’s up.’ ‘
The Duke of York has always vehemently denied all charges made by Ms Roberts.
Buckingham Palace previously issued a statement saying: ‘It is emphatically denied that The Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation.’
The filing of a civil action against the Duke in America is certain to cause huge embarrassment for the Royal family as lawyers will seek to question him under oath about his sex life. He could also be forced to hand over texts, emails and private letters.
Read more: Now Virginia Roberts is set to sue Prince Andrew in a New York court over her claims that Jeffrey Epstein forced her to have sex with the Duke aged 17