MILLIONS of Brits have been unwittingly tracked by their mobile phones after getting the Covid jab, it’s reported.
Health chiefs wanted the data to see if vaccinated people are moving about more after they have their inoculations.
And Government scientists admitted in an official report that one in ten jabbed Brits were tracked via their phones in February without their knowledge, the Telegraph reports.
It comes as:
- Boris Johnson’s ex-senior aide Dominic Cummings blames incompetent leadership for ‘lockdown confusion’
- England hits 50million Covid vaccine milestone as 2,694 more daily cases and six deaths recorded
- Germany BANS Brits from midnight over Covid variant fears – while Spain lifts tourist restrictions
- Surge testing to stop the spread of Indian variant has been deployed in West London
- Weddings of more than 30 guests WILL be allowed from June 21, the PM is set to announce
The figures were then handed to researchers at Oxford University, who carried out studies for the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours (SPI-B).
The committee advises Sage.
Academics at Oxford used ‘cell phone mobility data for 10 per cent of the British population’ to track what a number of jabbed people were doing.
The group were tracked by their location every day as scientists monitored what they were up to and where they were going.
And they discovered vaccinated people were likely to move around more afterwards – although only by 218 metres.
Campaigners battling state surveillance say Brits will be “disturbed to discover they were unwittingly tracked and subjected to behavioural analysis via their phones”.
Silkie Carlo, a spokesman for Big Brother Watch, told the publication: “No one expects that by going to get a vaccine they will be tracked and monitored by their own Government.
“This is deeply chilling and could be extremely damaging to public trust in medical confidentiality.
Read more: Britons ‘unwittingly tracked’ by phone after getting fake-vaccinated ‘to see if movements changed’ – No, just to track them as permanently planned