Posted by Sponsored Post Posted on 8 March 2021

US Waiver FAQs

When you are considering visiting the United States, or transferring to the US from another country, there are some important US waiver FAQs you should be answering. Among these questions are, “Can I include my dependents on my U.S. entry visa, and how do I receive U.S. residency status?” And “What is a U.S. entry waiver, and do I need one?” The answers to these questions, as well as others, are important to your future as an immigrant. Understanding the answers to these and other questions can help you decide whether or not to go ahead with your decision to immigrate to the United States.

If you are applying for U.S. residency for humanitarian reasons, or for family reasons, an entry waiver may be possible. You should check with the immigration authorities to see if you can have an entry waiver. In most cases, you will be able to if you meet specific requirements. Some of these requirements are that you must be a citizen of the United States and that you must be a dependent. Children of U.S. citizens may also qualify for this type of waiver.

There are, however, certain circumstances where you may not be eligible for a US waiver. 

  • If you have a criminal record that goes back more than two years 
  • if you have ever been convicted of a crime involving a deadly weapon
  • If you are on parole or probation, or if you have renounced your US citizenship.
  • If you are under the age of eighteen, and if you have not been in school for six months. 
  • If you were assigned as a covered entity in a U.S. company. 
  • If you are a non-immigrant alien who was recruited by a U.S. employer.

An alternative route to the waiver might be to apply for an immigrant adjustment. You may be eligible to adjust to stay in the US, once you have met other requirements. For children of US citizens or green card holders, an adjuster would be responsible for submitting your case to the USCIS. For other children, the consular officer would handle the case.

In some situations, a waiver may be issued for a child who is not otherwise eligible under the family immigration category or for parents of US citizens or green card holders who are not allowed to work. In these cases, the consul will contact you to find out whether or not you have a valid reason. If you do, the waiver may be granted. If not, then the waiver may be denied. The USCIS has specific waiver FAQs that you should familiarize yourself with.

Another option for parents of US citizens or green card holders who are not allowed to work is a work permit. If you do qualify for this option, then the consul can help you fill out the appropriate paperwork and send it to the agency for consideration. However, if you do not qualify, the consul may be able to direct you to someone who will make the application process easier on you. In most cases, however, the consul will choose someone else to fill out the forms.

An alternative option for children who are not eligible for the US visa and who need a waiver to enter the United States is the express entry program. Under this program, immigrants may be admitted to the country without waiting for a waiver to be approved. To qualify, you will need to submit a Form I Authorization to the USCIS. You can find more detailed information about this program at US waivers.

As you can see, knowing the basic us waiver FAQs can help you understand the process of obtaining an immigrant visa. If you have any questions, the USCIS website is the best place to look. It is also helpful to contact a representative while you are still at home. Then, you can ask questions and receive answers quickly and confidentially.

From our advertisers