Drivers were turned away from countryside beauty spots in Derbyshire today while police grilled parents with a pushchair in Birmingham city centre as forces across the country launch an extreme Covid crackdown.
Priti Patel said it is ‘right’ for officers to confront Britons sat on park benches and argued that police should stop people and demand to know why they are outside their homes.
Just hours after the Home Secretary threw her support behind the controversial police action, it emerged that officers in Birmingham questioned a couple with pushchair to ask what business they had in town.
In Derbyshire, police were seen turning away drivers from the National Trust’s Calke Abbey this afternoon and reportedly issuing tickets by taking vehicle registration numbers.
In Ely, Cambridgeshire, disturbing pictures highlighting the harsh reality of lockdown 3.0 showed town-centre seats taped off to stop people using them.
As police pledged a zero-tolerance approach, it also emerged today:
- Police enforcing the new Covid lockdown laws will fine people the first time they are caught not wearing face coverings or being outside without a suitable reason;
- Approval of Covid vaccine batches is to be sped up drastically in a huge boost to the jab campaign. Amid growing concern over the slow pace of the rollout, sources said that testing would be cut from up to 20 days to just four;
- But 24/7 vaccinations are set to be snubbed with NHS currently not planning to hand out jabs on Sundays despite desperate need;
- London’s hospitals will be overwhelmed by Covid-19 in less than two weeks even in a ‘best’ case scenario, an official briefing reportedly warns;
- Schools now plan to hold their own mock exams after Gavin Williamson failed to explain how staff will be able to accurately grade GCSE and A-level students as teachers near-unanimously called for the Education Secretary to resign, it was revealed today.
Read more: Covid crackdown FASCIST Britain: Drivers are turned away from beauty spots while police question parents with pushchairs about where they are going and FOUR cops surround man outside Tube station