People in Greece will have to text a government hotline in order to receive permission to leave their home under the county’s second nationwide COVID lockdown.
Greece’s General Secretariat for Telecommunications and Posts has set up a 5 digit hotline for citizens to text if they want to obtain permission to leave their homes while the new restrictions are in place for the next 3 weeks.
People must text their name, address and 1 of only 6 reasons to the 13033 number if they intend to do any of these 6 government permissible activities:
- Visit to a pharmacy or visit to a doctor if necessary
- Visit to a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit to a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit to people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-metre distance.
Read more: Greece Will Require People to Text Government for Permission to Leave Home Under New Lockdown