When World War II ended in 1945, the victorious Allied powers enacted the International Military Tribunal on November 19th, 1945.
As part of the Tribunal, a series of trials were held against major war criminals and Nazi sympathizers holding leadership positions in political, military, and economic areas.
The first trial conducted under the Nuremberg Military Tribunals in 1947 became known as The Doctors’ Trial, in which 23 physicians from the German Nazi Party were tried for crimes against humanity for the atrocious experiments they carried out on unwilling prisoners of war.
Many of the grotesque medical experiments took place at the Auschwitz concentration camp, where Jewish prisoners were tattooed with dehumanizing numbers onto their arms; numbers that would later be used to identify their bodies after death.The Doctors’ Trial is officially titled “The United States of America v. Karl Brandt, et al.,” and it was conducted at the Palace of Justice in Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany.
The trial was conducted here because this was one of the few largely undamaged buildings that remained intact from extensive Allied bombing during the war.
It is also said to have been symbolically chosen because it was the ceremonial birthplace of the Nazi Party. Of the 23 defendants, 16 were found guilty, of which seven received death sentences and nine received prison sentences ranging from 10 years to life imprisonment.
The other 7 defendants were acquitted.The verdict also resulted in the creation of the Nuremberg Code, a set of ten ethical principles for human experimentation.
Read more: Mandatory vaccination is in direct violation of the Nuremberg code