The Edmond de Rothschild Group publishes its sixth Sustainability Report, which reflects how sustainable development challenges are integrated in all the Group’s activities.
Edmond de Rothschild is a conviction-driven investment house that favors strategies and investments rooted in the real economy, combining long-term performance and impact.
The 2019 report provides a comprehensive view of its ongoing progress and its continuous engagement to reach its 2020 objectives for sustainable development. It features performance results and examples across its unique ecosystem.
2019 REPORT HIGHLIGHTS
Supporting innovation for responsible investment
- 23 bn. USD assets under management (AUM) in Responsible Investment
- 96% of our open funds and dedicated SRI funds have calculated their carbon footprint
- 111 mill. USD AUM managed in our Responsible Investment Mandate for private clients
- 2.75 bn. USD of private equity assets are managed with the integration of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations
Ensuring ethical and responsible behaviour
- More than 16,000 hours of training on Ethics & Compliance subjects delivered
Developing the talents and qualities of internal entrepreneurs to serve our transformation
- 100% of employees attended at least one training programme
- Almost 6,000 training hours delivered within the leadership development programme
Managing the environmental impact
- 35,000 trees planted in small local farms of Nicaragua since 2017 through our Insetting programme
- 25% reduction in the carbon footprint per employee since 2014
Collaborating with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations* in societal engagements
- 60 employees committed to various philanthropic programmes in 2019
- More than 20 start-ups benefitted from our employees expertise
The Group is a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2011. This report represents its Communication on Progress (COP) and outlines its contributions to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs). It was prepared by conforming as much as possible to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards Key performance indicators were verified by PricewaterhouseCoopers, a member of the PwC international network.
Read more: Edmond de Rothschild Achieves 4-year Goals for Sustainable Development