System administrators perform the tasks that refer to configuring, installation, and monitoring of computer systems including servers. Responsibilities for system operators may vary from one organization to another. For smaller organizations, system administrators may be tasked with a wide range of system related tasks that deal with networking, cloud or system storage, databases among many. On the other hand, larger organizations may task their sysadmins to work with specific IT systems, for example, to offer server support services only. Since the responsibilities of system administrators cover a wide area, these experts require specific skills to carry out their job roles successfully. The skill requirements can range from cloud computing, virtualization, programming to software and hardware configuration. This means that sysadmins need to earn certifications to be real professionals and perform their system tasks. There are a number of credentials that one can choose from if they want to be successful system administrators. We’ll take you through the top certifications for this job position and show you how you can earn any of them with ExamSnap.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Lately, organizations have been shifting towards cloud-based computing technology due to its affordability and highly efficient nature. This is what led Microsoft to release new exams and certifications. These new Microsoft certifications are now more role-based compared to the previous ones that leaned more towards product knowledge. The new approach helps you gain hands-on skills to perform specific IT roles. Thus, the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certification demonstrates your capabilities to carry out tasks including designing, building, testing, and maintaining cloud solutions. The solutions include both applications and services. You’ll be working with other professionals like cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, cloud solution architects, and clients in implementing these solutions.
- Optional Prerequisite: Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals certification exam AZ-900.
- Required Exam: AZ-203 known as Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
- Exam Preparation: You can enroll in a self-paced or instructor-led course. Other study resources to use are study guides, and ExamSnap website with the most updated dumps for Exam AZ-203
- Exam Cost: $165
- Renewal: Does not expire
- Job Roles: Azure Developer, Azure Software Developer, Azure Integration Specialist
- Expected Average Annual Salary: $127,348 according to ZipRecruiter
- Oracle Linux Systems Administrator Certification
Besides their popular database solutions and products, Oracle is also a distributor of Linux solutions. This is why Oracle offers associate and professional Linux based certifications. They include Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Linux 5 & 6 System administrator, Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Oracle 6 System Administrator, and the Specialist level Oracle Linux 6 Certified Implementation Specialist credentials. In this case, we’re going to discuss theOCP, Oracle Linux 6 System Administrator certification.
The Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Oracle Linux 6 System Administrator credential validates your expertise in implementing and administering the Oracle Linux Operating System. Other areas include how to install, configure, monitor as well as troubleshoot Linux services.
- Prerequisites: You must have the OCA,Oracle Linux 5 and 6 Administrator certification
- Required Exam: 1Z0-105 (Oracle Linux 6 Advanced System Administration)
- Exam Preparation: Training courses, study guides and ExamSnap 1Z0-105 exam dumps
- Exam Cost: $245
- Renewal: Does not expire
- Job Roles: Linux Administrator, Systems Administrator, Senior Linux Administrator
- Expected Average Annual Salary: $93,688 according toPayScale
- RHCE: Red Heart Certified Engineer Certification
The goal of the Read Heart Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification is in filling skill gaps and matching new needs. RHCE engineers have demonstrated their skills in deploying, managing and supporting an architecture that’s container based in nature. In the real sense, the RHCE credential is for Red Hat Certified System Administrators (RHCSA). These specialists are experienced in automating Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) technical tasks.
- Prerequisites: RHCSA Certification
- Required Exam: EX300, Version RHCE 7
- Exam Preparation: Online or classroom training, using study guides, and reliable practice tests on RedHat website
- Exam Cost: $400 or two Training Units
- Renewal: Every 3 years
- Job Roles: Linux Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Administrator
- Expected Average Annual RHCE Salary: $98,000 according to Payscale
- CompTIA Server+ Certification
CompTIA is a leading IT certification vendor offering vendor-neutral credentials. Some of the popular certifications offered include CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA Server+. The CompTIA Server+ credential targets those who want to acquire skills to manage varied server platforms. It covers various technologies that include virtualization, network related storage and security. Skills to acquire include server architecture, server administration, storage, security, networking, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting.
- Prerequisites: CompTIA A+ certification, 18-24 months of IT-based experience
- Required Exam: SK0-004
- Exam Preparation: Training courses, practical labs, eBooks, ExamSnap practice tests
- Exam Cost: $319
- Renewal: Every 3 years
- Job Roles: Server Technician, Server Support Technician, Server Administrator, Storage Administrator
- Expected Average Annual Salary: $64,000 according to Payscale
- VMware Certified Professional 6-Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) Certification
VMware is a software virtualization organization dealing in cloud infrastructure, digital-based workspace technology and accreditation of IT professionals. Their products fall into the desktop and server applications categories. VMware is also a reputable company in offering certifications to candidates and professionals. Their credentials fall into any of the four levels. They are associate, professional, advanced professional, and design expert levels.
Targeted professionals include those responsible for administering and troubleshooting vSphere V6 architectures. Other duties include leveraging best standards in providing scalable and reliable virtualization platforms. This brings us to theVMware Certified Professional 6- Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) credential. This certification happens to be one of the most popular among those that VMware offers. Those who earn it have proved that they can efficiently work with the vSphere V6 architectures. They are skillful in installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing these VMware solutions.
- Prerequisites: Must attend a recommended training course and must have passed any of the vSphere Foundation exams (either2V0-620 or 2V0-602 test)
- Required Exam: 2V0-621 (VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization test)
- Exam Preparation: VMware recommended training course, free webcasts, hands-on labs, and ExamSnap 2V0-621 exam dumps
- Exam Cost: $250
- Renewal: Recertification is no longer mandatory
- Job Roles: Senior Systems Administrator, IT Systems Engineer, Senior Systems Engineer
- Expected Average Annual Salary: $89,000 according to Payscale
Any IT professional who is serious about becoming an expert system administrator must consider pursuing any of these top system administrator certifications. Earning them may not be easy. It takes a preparation process of consistent and diligent study but you’d be glad in the end. As you know, training courses, hands-on labs, and eBooks are not sufficient on their own. You’ll need to combine them with other approaches that help you test your readiness for the exam. This is only possible through the use of valid and actual practice tests. Some of the latest and most reliable ones are available on ExamSnap website. This great online platform is one that you cannot ignore if your goal is to earn your credential without too much hustle and bustle.