Automation is the first thing which comes to our mind when we have to save time and money. As we know the world is moving fast, customers require faster delivery and coping up with agile development and testing becomes a challenge. Automation Testing is therefore here to help.
When we talk about automation testing, Selenium is the hero and we cannot deny it. Even though it helps in automating cross-browser testing to a large extent but some way or other it happens to be taking help from our local system when the scripts run locally. You can run automated cross-browser tests on Selenium but only on the browsers, you have in your local system.
This adds to the need of managing infrastructure and having all the local browsers in your machine. This is where Automated cross-browser testing tools help you.
Automated Cross-browser testing tools help you to run automated scripts on thousands of browsers and devices available on their cloud grid. But which tool suits your needs best?
Let’s find out!
LambdaTest Automation enables you to perform live interactive cross-browser automation testing using Selenium Web driver of your public or locally hosted websites. With LambdaTest you can test across 2000+ real mobile and desktop browsers running on a real operating system. You can also run your automation testing scripts on a scalable selenium grid online and cut down on build times using LambdaTest platform.
1. Selenium grid to run cross-browser automated tests on more than 2000 browser and OS combination.
2. All the latest browsers which also include beta and dev versions as well.
3. With Lambda Tunnel you can run selenium automation tests of your locally hosted or privately hosted pages.
5. Supports 32 selenium supported testing frameworks like Pyunit, Junit, WebdriverJS, Nunit,
6. You can also run a parallel test session with Queuing capacity.
6. You can also integrate with continuous integration tools with native plugins like Jenkins, Teamcity, Travis CI and Bamboo.
7. LambdaTest allows you to directly push the bugs found during testing in your favorite project management tools like JIRA, Asana, Slack, Trello, BitBucket, GitLab, GitHub, Clubhouse, VSTS, BugHerd, Mantis, and many more.
8. The feature that I love the most personally is LambdaTest inbuilt issue tracker with which you can manage your bugs directly from LambdaTest platform while performing Selenium testing.
- Easy Bug reporting: Detailed description of every test session, You can download screenshot or video taken directly from Issue tracker.
- One Click bug logging: Push your bugs found in Selenium test session to your desired project management tool.
- Live Test Video: You can live interact with your running Selenium test session and watch video
- Charts and Analytics: You can see complete metric analytics of your Selenium test session like Coverage, Testing Frequency, Passed Failed Ratio, Errors, Number of Bug Logs, Minutes Consumed and Queue Utilisation under one umbrella.
- Get Rid of managing Infrastructure: You don’t need to set up in house infrastructure to perform and managing testing. You can access all the browsers and OS on cloud-based Selenium Grid.
- Debug with ease: You can debug the source code while running the Selenium Test session.
- Open Source projects and Startups: Exclusive discounted pricing for Small companies, open source projects, and startups.
- You cannot run automated tests on Android and iOS devices yet.
LambdaTest offers a freemium plan which includes 60 minutes/month Real-time browser testing, 6 Sessions of 10 Minutes Each, 100 minutes of Automation testing, 10 Screenshot Tests per month, 10 Responsive Tests per month, 24×7 Support, 3rd Party App Integrations.
LambdaTest automation testing pricing plans start with $59 for One concurrent session per month billed annually while LambdaTest live testing Solo Plan for one concurrent session starts with $15 per month billed annually.
Browserstack Selenium grid gives you instant access to 2000+ real mobile devices and browsers, which include real iOS and Android devices, Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
- Instant Access to Selenium Grid of 2000+ browsers.
- Supports all Selenium supported CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Teamcity, Travis CI and Bamboo.
- Test web applications on internal development environments by utilizing the secure and encrypted BrowserStack tunnel (Local binary).
- You can test across real iOS and mobile devices by leveraging selenium grid.
- Secure and reliable local testing binary tunnel using WebSockets (WSS)
- Easy Debugging: With Browserstack’s easy debugging add ons like Text logs, Seleniumm/Appium logs, Video Recordings, Screenshots, console logs, and network logs.
- You can also test how your website behaves by simulating various network bandwidths like 2g, 3g, 4g.
- Browserstack also allows you to test location-based scenarios. You can test across 45+ countries around the world.
- Browserstack mobile doesn’t come with Mobile Analytics to help you spot some of the major bugs.
- No freemium plan available. You just get a 14 days trial before you’re forced to upgrade.
Browserstack Automate pro plan starts with $99 for one concurrent session per month billed annually with Unlimited Live, Unlimited Screenshots, Unlimited Responsive testing
Unlimited Screenshots via API, Unlimited Automate Desktop features. Browserstack Live plan for one concurrent session starts with $29 per month for one concurrent session.
Sauce Labs is a cloud-hosted, web and mobile application automated testing platform to test your website or web app for cross-browser compatibility issues. Saucelabs offers live and Continuous testing on over 800 operating system and browser combinations that are available in the Cloud. Saucelabs offers reliable and new technology (Appium, Junit, Selenium) compatible infrastructure.
- Over 800 browsers and operating systems combinations to test upon. You can also test upon iOS and Android devices.
- Saucelabs offers an insight tool to look into critical application failures and expedite fixes.
- Saucelabs extended debugging allows you to direct entry to browser developer tools which can help you in in-depth accessing of the internals of the browser and your web application.
- Provides integration with JIRA so you can share test results, videos, commands, logs, and metadata by creating a JIRA ticket with one click.
- Also provides integration with Hipchat and Slack.
- Provides log for easy troubleshooting of errors.
- Doesn’t use real devices rather it utilizes emulators and simulators for the same, hence there is no guarantee for 100% correct results sometimes.
- At times, it becomes extremely slow and lacks to respond.
Saucelabs live pricing for one session starts at $19 per month billed annually. For automation tests, the pricing starts for $149 per month billed annually for 2 concurrent sessions. You can also sign up for Saucelabs free Trial before moving to their paid plans. `
With Crossbrowsertesting, you can run Selenium, Appium, and other test frameworks in parallel against reliable and secure testing platform. Get instant access to the desired combination of Browser, OS, Resolution, and Devices.
- Secure, reliable testing grid is Enterprise ready and can run tests against web applications behind firewall, or locally hosted web applications.
- Easy integration with your favorite automated testing framework.
- Radically shorten test execution time by running parallel tests.
- Automate your mobile app testing through Appium
- Integration with Jenkins, TeamCity and other CI integrations tools.
- Supports all selenium supported programming languages like Java, python, Ruby etc.
- Recording and Play Selenium Tests With Selenium Builder
- TestComplete Integration: It gives testers the ability to create automated tests for Microsoft Windows, Web, Android, and iOS applications
- Customized MSA and parallel plans for Enterprises.
- Rest API: Test using Crossbrowsertesting from the command line.
- Free plan for Open source projects
- Limited integration to Slack, JIra and Hipchat only.
- Only 7 days free trial offer before you have to upgrade.
Crossbrosertesting Automated testing plan starts with $60 for 1 Parallel session per month billed annually and $80 Month to Month. However, Live plan starts with $29 per user per month billed annually and $39 Month to month. They have a limited 7-day free trial offer.
TestingWhiz is aon-premise Codeless Automation Testing Tool for Software, Web, Mobile, Database, Cloud, Web Services and API testing. Also, TestingWhiz offers 300+ pre defined commands and test operations which help you create powerful and modular automation scripts.
- Automate Regression Testing: This enables you to automate regression testing for software, web, database, mobile, web services and API by re-running automated tests in continuous integration.
- Automate Cross-Browser Testing: You can test behavior and functionality of your web application or website without acquiring the infrastructure of different browsers, operating systems, and devices.
- Automate Database Testing: Perform test and validate end-to-end databases overcoming the impediments of traditional database testing.
- Automate Mobile app Testing: Perform Automation testing of your native mobile applications seamlessly across all the latest mobile devices.
- One on-premise solution under one umbrella to fulfill complete testing needs.
- Heavy integration with Project management tools, databases, CI/CD tools and test management tools.
- Captcha Automation and Risk-based testing
- 30 Day free trial
- Robust Reporting & Logs
- Not accessible online you’ll need to download it in your local system
- No clear pricing for paid plans you’ll have to request pricing plans to their sales team.
Cross-browser testing is undoubtedly one of the important parts of software testing and with the help of some tools, it can be super smooth and super easy.
It is not advisable to take a risk and skip testing as it might lead to various long term issues. So, the use of a perfect testing tool which suits your needs will help you a lot. Every person will have different requirements and based on these requirements the tool that suits can vary. Hence, with this detailed review of cross-browser testing tools, you can find out which tool suits you and hence you can utilize it for performing automated cross-browser testing on your website.